You did it! You have successfully moved into your new residence. Now it is time to make your new house a home. Enjoy the opportunity to create new memories as you fill your home with the old ones.
Follow these tips to make your transition as smooth as possible.
- If you did not write this into the contract for your new home, schedule a DEEP clean. There is nothing better than the feeling of walking into a clean home the first time.
- Check life-saving devices
- Change out smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries. Also, replace the smoke detectors if they are more than ten years old.
- Get a new home warranty
- Home warranties are an extra peace of mind for your first year in the home and nowadays come with perks.
- Rekey your new home
- Many home warranty companies will rekey your home for free! If you did not get a home warranty, call a locksmith as soon as you move in to get new keys made.
- Get to know your neighbors
- Getting to know your neighbors is not just social but also safe. The safest neighborhoods are where the neighbors are the closest.
- Relax and enjoy it
- As stressful as moving is, it also means new and exciting things are happening. Continue to breathe, take some pictures, and have a couple laughs along the way.